A Gift from Leslie
A Gift from Faerwillow
I am so honored to have been the recipient of two very special awards within the last few weeks. They came at a time when I really needed cheering up (we lost our family dog and then my Grandmother shortly thereafter) and I have been remiss in thanking my friends Leslie and Faerwillow for their thoughtfulness until now. I am truly grateful to you both for your support and kindness!
With these awards, I am meant to share a few things about myself. This made me realize that although I talk a lot about my family (and how they relate to my art), I don't often talk about myself. So, the following are 10 things you may not know about me:
1. I was in every play in High School (yes, I was one of those) and graduated UCI with a BA in Theater.
2. I spent a year in college as an exchange student living abroad in England. I still crave Lemon Curd and Earl Gray.
3. I moved to LA to pursue acting after graduation, but never got passed the head-shot stage. After a year of being a part of the hustle-and-bustle that is the LA "scene," I realized that it was just not for me.
4. So I moved to San Diego and took a position as a makeup artist until I could find a "real job." I loved it so much that I made it my career. Among other positions, I was an Education Director for Nordstrom and taught artistry classes on everything from color theory to makeup for black-and-white photography.
5. In addition to makeup, I also love interior design. Especially nurseries. I have done over a dozen "baby" and "big kid" rooms for my friends (read, not professionally) in the last 10 years.
6. Here's a good one: I am 6 years older than my husband (I know). I didn't realize how old he was when we met (although he would argue that) but in the end I thought, "who cares! It's not as if you're going to marry him . . ."
7. My house is always clean and tidy, as long as you don't count the laundry room or closets.
8. I am a vegetarian. And the rest of my family is not. I cook food on a daily basis that I do not taste or eat.
9. I started using use crystals in my art because I always have them lying around. In addition to being at home, I also make Swarovski crystal encrusted license plate frames (over 550 hand applied to each) and military-inspired "dog tag" necklaces. Hence the blog name, "Twinkle, Twinkle."
10. I look forward to traveling and teaching again - next time, artistry without the makeup. . .
Now, here's the real fun: I am to pass these awards on to you! Although it is difficult to narrow down my blogs of inspiration, this time I am happy to share the following awards with . . .
Trendy Blog Award:
Sweet Friends Award:
Thank you all for your time, support and love. You are truly an inspiration!