Monday, August 15, 2011

The Summer of Color - Fini!

"The sun rose brilliantly above, reflecting the hues of red, orange, lavender and blue in the pond before me. The viridian shadows changed to lemon yellow and lime green as the light washed the morning and I tried in vain to save a piece of this miracle on canvas."
- Mary Erickson



Thank You!
Thank you for joining me in The Summer of Color! Thank you to those who participated by sharing their art and heart with us throughout the course of the event, thank you to those who fostered such a lovely community on Facebook and Flickr, and thank you to those who took the time to follow me personally.  It has been a pleasure getting to know and learn from you all. 


But Before We Go:
I'm happy to announce that the winner of our last - very colorful and sparkly - giveaway (pictured in the post below) is. . .



Please Email me your address and I'll get the goods right out.


Until We Meet Again . . .
Although I know we'll stay in touch, sadly, we will have to wait until next June before we begin our Summer of Color party again. . . .


June 4, 2012

Until then, keep creating and keep it colorful . . . I can't wait to see what you come up with!


Sincerely Yours,
Kristin xo

21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Take care, thanks for your inspiration and fun themes, and see you again next summer! Valeri

Joanna said...

Thank you for a fun time, Kristin! See you next year.......

xx

Lesley Edmonds said...

Thank you so much for our Summer of Colour Kristin. I have so enjoyed myself. Can't wait for next year.
x

Unknown said...

Thanks for a fantastic summer.

Diane said...

Well, I'll be right here visiting you and seeing what that creative mind of yours is working on. This is one of the best challenge events that I've participated in--besides being fun to do, it was a great way to learn more about utlizing color in your art. Thanks once again Kristin--I know this was a major commitment for you.

linda (dots n doodles) said...

Thank you Kristin for a fabulous Summer of Color, for all your wonderful comments to everyone and also your huge commitment. Looking forward to Ice Cream Inspirations in June 2012.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much. This was the first challenge that I have ever participated in and it was a blast. It gave me the opportunity to try new techniques and focus on colors.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Thank you, Kristin! I had a full rainbow of colorful fun this summer with you and all of our new bloggy friends!

scrapwordsmom said...

This has been so fun. I am proud of all that you accomplished and all the amazing women you brought together!!!!!:)

Love,
Leslie

Veronica Kosowski said...

Thanks again for all the inspiration and fun Kristin!

Netty said...

Sending my thanks for a great challenge and for being such a fab hostess.
I guess by your announcement there won't be a Colours of Autumn....boo hoo........lol
xx

WrightStuff said...

Wahey - it's me!!!

Thank you so much Kristin - both for this lovely gift and the treasure of your Summer of Color (I thought I'd spell it your way for once!!).

Big hugs
xx

Ella said...

Thank you Kristin for the gift of friendship and pushing my muse ;D
She loved all the color; I'm still trying to go comment. I want to stay in touch; I will be by to visit you and see how colorful life is for you~
xXx

Visits With Mary said...

This year I only got to participate in the last two colors. I am anxiously looking forward to 2012 when I can start from the beginning! Fun, Fun, Fun!

Mandy said...

I miss it already...I have had the most amazing time kristin...I have been like a kid each Sunday night waiting for Christmas to arrive...well...the new colour anyway..lol...thankyou so much and co.grats for taking the adventurous step and for it being such a huge success....there were many amazingly talented people on thus trip and some wonderful souls...many of whom I will be visiting regularly...I learnt so much too and made my own adventurous journey through colour...thsnyou so much my friend...xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just popped over hoping that you had mentioned something about another challenge...YES!!! So glad, it was really fun!
~Scarlett

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Thanks Kristin for hosting this awesome color challenge. It was really fun and I'm looking forward to next year. :)

Julie said...

Thanks for a fun and colorful Summer!

Tammie Lee said...

even though i did not join in, i enjoyed visiting some of the artists during this event. it seems like you had such a wonderfully inspiring idea!

Textile and Stitch said...

I loved catching up on these posts and all the art that was shared...I'm so bummed I totally missed it!

Julie said...

so sad! I had such a fantastic time coming up with my offerings. What am I going to do now? x Julie