Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Sweetest Part of Blogging

Kendra & "Dina" (The Dinosaur Girl)

In my opinion, the sweetest part of blogging is the relationships we build along the way . . . I'll never forget how - in my first foray into Blog Land - I was surprised to find that so many people seemed to know each other in "real life." I would see people comment that they loved, missed and admired each other so - they would sign off with "Hugs" or "Kisses" and I thought, "wow, this really is a small world . . ." At that time there was also a blog button that many people were sporting that read, "Blog Friends ARE Real Friends." Which back then, I thought was rather odd. 

Of course it's two years later and now I totally get it. I would even venture to say that those of us who share our art, love and life with one another in Blog Land are closer in spirit than some out there in the "real world." Our common love of this community and our heart-felt connections brings us to a place that's hard to find elsewhere . . . . 

Which brings me to my friend Tahnya and a post she recently shared called Dino Love. Being that my little one is a HUGE dinosaur fan, I couldn't wait to read what she had done . . . imagine then my surprise when she shared the cutest handmade doll that she made inspired by Kendra! It had a dinosaur fabric body, a dino button by her neck and a hand-stitched face that was the sweetest ever. I commented that I adored what she'd made and that Kendra would absolutely love her. . . . So she sent it to her all the way from Canada!

I cannot tell you how much that meant to me and how honored I was to have been given such an incredible gift. It even came with this handmade card as well:


Thank you Tahnya for all the love and care you put into this beautiful gift for my baby. Thank you for sharing your time, energy and talent with our family in this special way. I am forever grateful. 

And that connection, I think, is the sweetest part of blogging . . . .

Kristin xo

19 comments:

Janet said...

Two sweet, adorable faces! Bloggers are the BEST!!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Bloggers really are like a family, and in my case, much, much better! Love your Dina, hope you and Kendra have a lot of fun with her! Valerie

Joanna said...

You're so right. I tell blogging friends stuff that I can never quite find the right moment to tell my 'real' friends. Tahnya is so kind (and clever) to have made Dina and sent it to Kendra, they look like best friends!

x

Anonymous said...

this does not surprise me at all, you're a sweet person and I think that just because we are miles a part are friend ships are just as real and as grounded as in real life.You daughter, she beautiful and I'm sure she's very proud of her mums talent and caring personality that has developed such wonderful friendships.
The doll is beautiful and such a sweet gift.I know that I have sent gifts to some of my blogging friends and this gave me so much pleasure.I'm sure your friend feels the same, your friendship to her is probably a gift, I know thats the way I feel.

scrapwordsmom said...

I couldn't agree more! I even wrote about it today, too:) That doll is absolutely darling...Kendra LOVES it!!!

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

That is the sweetest! I am sure Kendra is beyond happy. :)

Unknown said...

I just about cried when I read this post....so sweet and that photo of your daughter Kendra....oh so sweet and I feel the same way....we are all like the closest of friends!!!!!

Hugs
Diana

Mandy said...

I think kindred spirits sums it up...it allows us to connect with people we were meant to connect with.even though three may be a huge ocean in between..i am so happy i discovered blogging and i couldn't imagine my life without the friends i have made through blogging..pswhat an amazing doll....hugs...xxx

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Awwwww, this made me all mushy! Love this. What a dino pair!! Blog friends are so wonderful...! Hugs, kath

Trudy said...

I feel the same. And that was so sweet of Tahnya. I can see that Kendra loves her doll. It is adorable.

I have posted a few sweet pictures and a video of Samantha at 7 weeks.

http://sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com/2011/11/video-of-our-beautiful-baby-girl-at.html

Heather Henry said...

I totally agree. I have made some really wonderful friends through this blogging experience and I am truly grateful for each of them.
What a sweet and adorable doll. Your daughter looks very happy. Love the dinosaur too. Very cute.
Cheers. :)
Have a wonderful day.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

How sweet! Yes, blogging is awesome and I find such beautiful people here. :) Truly greatful for that!

Netty said...

Wow the doll is fabulous and loving Kendra's huge smile. Such a wonderful gift. We cannot help but love our blogging friends. x

Cameron said...

...and my family and non-blog friends think I'm crazy when I talk about how wonderful Blogland is.....
It really is filled with the best people on Earth!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Wow what a wonderful gift for Kendra - she looks thrilled with her dino!!!

And well said about our friendships in Blogland - kindred spirits flocking together - it's definitely real!!

x (kiss for you even though we'll probably never meet)

E Makes Art said...

I love that photo! You can just see the love and excitement radiating from Kendra's sweet face! What an amazing gift! I truly feel so blessed that I've met so many wonderful people through blogging... you being one of the main ones!! Kindred spirits indeed :-)

xoE

Daniele Valois said...

I couldn't agree more! And what a sweet fun doll for a sweet fun dino girl!

Scarlett Clay said...

That's so awesome, I love kind and generous people! How thoughtful and giving!!
Oh my, I totally agree about blogging friends, too!!!
And I'm happy to call you a new friend :)

~Scarlett

Geckostone said...

This is the coolest story EVER!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us! Deb