Friday, March 23, 2012

Art. Culture. Life.

La Quinta Arts Festival, Southern California.

Lucky Me lives just a hop, skip and a jump away from one of the largest Art Festivals around. Ranked  #2 in the Nation, the La Quinta Arts Festival is really something to see. I had the opportunity to go recently, and thought I'd share some of my favorite finds with you here. Although there were hundreds of artists working the event, I've selected five whose art inspired me in a profound or unique way. Wanna see?

Artist Stacy Dynan

Her work is amazing, whimsical and each piece was finished with a gorgeous sheen.


Artist Marcio Diaz

Beautiful abstract work with an explosion of color.


Artist Michael Madzo

He is known for sewing bits of his paintings together to create a unique collage.
(Gorgeous, right!?) All work is behind glass.


Artist Kathy Ross

Amazing sculptures using found materials, papers and maps.


Artist Jennifer Lommers

Her series entitled "51 Birds" painted on Bamboo Panels.

Beautiful work full of freedom, color and energy.

Impressive, right? And that was just five of hundreds artists on display. Definitely a must-see if you are ever out this way in March . . . .

Thanks for going with me,
Kristin xo

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh, what gorgeous art work! Thanks for sharing, really inspirational! Hugs, Valerie

Daniele Valois said...

well holy heck, I guess I know where I am vacationing next March. This is some seriously amazing art. I am awestruck! Seriously.

Anonymous said...

wow, you are a lucky woman for sure, amazing the talent isn't it.

Cameron said...

My gosh!! When was this?! ....and how did I not know about it?!
Next year, for sure!!

Cameron said...

Oooo....I see they are having an Art under the Umbrellas on the 31st. Certainly a lot smaller....but, you've got me itching to go to La Quinta now....heehee!

Netty said...

Oh wow what a wonderful and uplifting experience to view all this fabulous art....hope you will be exhibiting yours next time. Enjoy the weekend. Annette x

Carolyn Dube said...

What a happy place! So many fabulous pieces of art- love the abstract circles the most!

sugar Creek said...

Oh wow those are beautiful! Lucky you to go see all that art! xx

Scarlett Clay said...

Spectacular!! Oh man, if we had something of that calibur around here, I'd be there so fast! I'm so glad you had the chance to see so much creativity and color (wow!!the Diaz works!!) If it's overwhelming (in a good way) just to see the few you share, I can't imagine how it would be to actually go, love looking at these!

E Makes Art said...

OOOH!! Thanks for sharing!! I especially like Michael and Jennifer's work! I'll be checking out their websites now thanks to you! Wish I could've gone with you!!

So you honeymooned in Spain and Holland? Wow!! So cool! We went to Spain a few years after we got married and we LOVED it there! Where did you go in Spain? And how did you like Holland? I think it's so cool you went there!

xoTG

K J D said...

I bet you walked around this festival with a huge smile on your face.

I know I smiled reading it!

The tree piece by Jennifer Lommers is stunning and made me think Lifebook Lesson 12!!!!

My favourite are the pieces by Kathy Ross - you know I could see your work happily amongst these pieces.

The top left picture when the six are together reminds me very much of a print I have. It's by Sam Toft and is called A Grand Day Out.

Have a lovely weekend.

KarenX

Joanna said...

Wonderful! What a lovely glimpse of this super art festival. You lucky girl to be able to go.

x

Diane said...

Oh---I wish I was there---I love these art festivals--such beautiful and unique art!! Thanks so much for sharing (I envy you :)

Joyce said...

I see a field trip to So. Cal. in my future,,,, maybe next year to see my brother in Riverside and then the Art Fest.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kristin--someone started a game of blog tag today and I tagged you! You can see my blog for more info--absolutely no obligation to play along, but I wanted to feature a few of the bloggers I enjoy reading...like you! Happy Sunday :)

...and now I'm entranced by your photos--I LOVE going to art festivals!!!

scrapwordsmom said...

Thank you soooo much for sharing. I love seeing all this gorgeous talent!

JessiVille said...

Hi Kristin! I adore the art and artists you selected. So much yummy color and energy. I'll admit it's hard for me to "revisit" La Quinta but I loved the artist cove.

Terri Corona said...

I finally found time to cruise your blog, and I'm loving it! LOVE all the artists you chose, a couple of them are my favorites from the Sausalito Art Festival last year - especially the guy who sews the pieces togethers to make those amazing surrealist pieces.