Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summer Lovin' . . . .

"Amazing friends; Summer nights;
Chocolate ice cream; mud slide fights;
Half the Summer is gone already
So let's spend the rest of it; slow and steady."
-Anonymous

Thank You
For joining me in The Summer of Color 2! Believe it or not, we had an average of a 100 of us join in on a weekly basis this year and have amassed over 730 pictures in our Flickr pool! Crazy, right? Thank you for your time and dedication to this event, for sharing your art and heart with one another and for fostering such a beautiful community here and in our SOC playrooms, Facebook & Flickr. I also want to thank those of you who took the time to follow me personally. It has been a pleasure learning from and laughing with you all.

Before We Go:
We still have a Watermelon Winner to announce. The Random Number Generator was at it again and this time she selected . . . 


Congratulations Paula! Please email me your address and I'll get your Watermelon goodies right out. 

2012 Artist Badge
I promised and Erika from The Fairy Blogmother delivered! Here is your 2012 Summer of Color Artist Badge. Please feel free to copy and paste: I hope you love it!


Speaking of 2013
Oh wait: we weren't saying anything about 2013! Oh well, let's talk about it anyway. . . .You saw this coming, but I am thrilled to officially announce our next play date, The Summer of Color 3: Artist's Choice!  

That's right, another Summer of creativity, community and connection based upon your favorite color combinations. Next year, we're going back to the original inspiration, Somerset Studio's True Colors, in which the artists at play pick their own color palettes! As with previous years, it will be a free event open to all styles of art and mediums. We will begin Monday, June 3rd, 2013 with an introductory week followed by six weeks of color prompts, blog hops and fabulous giveaways based upon the two-color combinations that you vote on. So get your minds a thinkin' and your wheels a turnin' 'cause I know that with your help, next year will be the best yet . . . .

Stay tuned,
Kristin xo

31 comments:

Unknown said...

oh Kristin I'm SO excited! I've had such fun playing every week. I can't believe I won! Thank you so much for such wonderful challenges.

Christine said...

Thanks Kristin, can't wait for next year!

Unknown said...

I can't wait. This too sounds like a lot of fun. I get some many new pieces created during these challenges, I'm really grateful that you run these.

Fars Datter said...

This has been lots of fun! And for next year - I will if I can! Sounds fun!
Thanks for this summer, Kristin! :)

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Oooh la la! And I cant wait to post your badge when I get back from San Fran!!

Valerie-Jael said...

It was a happy and sunny time, thanks a lot! Valerie

K J D said...

Hi Kristin

I love the new look you have going on at Twinkle Twinkle! Beautiful new photo of you and Kendra too :)

Lucky Paula :)

Great badges.... they will be grabbed! Thank you!

I loved this years Summer of Colour and I am so happy we will all have the chance to play together again next summer too.

Thank you!

Karenxxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the badge, I'll definitely add it to my blog. Next year sounds fun and I'm looking forward to it already!

Diane said...

I had lots of fun learning more about color this year Kristin--Thank you for doing this.
And next year sounds great too--love your banner!!!!

Sharon said...

Wow it was another fantastic Summer of Colour! Thanks so much & I can't wait for next year.

Shahrul Niza said...

Thank you again for having us playing along, been a great fun meeting everyone here and sharing my art and keeping me on my toes every Monday!. Can't wait till next summer. Love your banner girls. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a wonderful opportunity to be part of such a creative challenge. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself and it has been a pleasure to meet you. Really grateful for you doing this. I have just returned from my 3 week vacation and it was wonderful. Hope that you are well and enjoying the Summer so far xx

joanna said...

This was great, Kristin! Thank you!!
you can count on me for next year!
xoxo
I love your banner, it's so colourful and summery!

carol l mckenna said...

Thanks so much for a fun Summer of Color ~ enjoy the rest of the summer ~~ thanks, namaste, (A Creative Harbor)

Annie Claxton said...

Thanks again Kristin, it was SO much fun - see you next year! Annie x

sugar Creek said...

YAY I can't wait!! So glad it's going to be going on again next year!! xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Paula! Thank you so much for hosting such a fun event, Kristin. I can't wait for 2013. Hugs, Mina

Tori B. said...

Thank you for the badge. I'm looking forward to next summer.

Tracey FK said...

taking part was such a joy and thanks for all the hard work you put into it... I had a great time and found many wonderful new blogs to visit... and every time I use my ice cream spoon I think of all the fun!!! Thanks again xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have truly enjoyed this Summer of Color, my first. But I'll be back next year with ideas galore. I enjoyed this because it was just the right amount of time and the enough varied colors to keep me truly interested and appreciative.

Carolyn Dube said...

Can't wait for the next one! This was such a blast. Wonderful prompts with great artists- what could be better?

Cameron said...

I sure hope I get to play with you guys next year....even if for just a couple fun filled weeks!

Mandy said...

Thankyou...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dawn said...

Thank you Kristin for such a fun and colorful summer. I didn't play along but hope to next summer, so glad you will be back with another round.
How pretty your banner is, love your girls. Looking forward to seeing what you make next year.

Enjoy the rest of your summer! HUGS

Carmen said...

I cannot wait - this year you really helped me get over a creative slump that had lasted months and months. So my heartfelt thank you to that and for inadvertently getting me to start a pregnancy journal which I am still carrying on with. I'm running behind on the last two weeks of fun but will still be adding them to my journal :)

Daniele Valois said...

Yay!!! and I fotgot to say below, I adore how this banner looks altogether. It is really really really really really really really (f*@#ing) wicked!

Unknown said...

I'll look forward to it! Thanks for all the inspiration. It was a lot of fun and I'm sad I missed the watermelon one... I've loved looking at everyone's work.

JansArtyJunk said...

THANK YOU Kristin for all the fun and lovely inspiration...It's been great visiting so many awesome artists and seeing all the different interpretations.
Congratulations on another fabulous and successful challenge...Your colour prompts always make me create out of my colour comfort zones!
I've loved playing along with this years Summer of Colour and I will look forward to playing again next Summer too.
Thank you again!
Jan x

scrapwordsmom said...

What a FAB time here, Kristin. I didn't finish (not yet anyway) but intend on doing that!! I am always blown away by your ideas and work. I also love your Hop idea for June of next year.

Loving the new blog look, too. Your color banner turned out amazing as well!!

Thanks for all you do:)

Love,
leslie

manomij said...

Even though I missed some entries because of a trip abroad I so enjoyed this Challenge. I am up for it next year!!! Thank you again.
ManonXx

Jenny said...

Ooooh Kristin... your summer banner is divine... absolutely stunning with all your gorgeous girls... I'm sorry I missed the last week... unwell... and then lovely little visitors... but am so excited you are doing it again next year...

Thank you SO much for putting on this AMAZING event...

Hugs
Jenny x