Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Artistic Mother's Group

Art Action Plans 1 and 2
Project 1

Art Action 1: blue with floral elements

Art Action 2: Yellow with fairytale collage elements

Our task for the second week of The Artistic Mother's Art Group was to create Action Plans or "To Do" lists from the background papers we created in week one. The project outlined in Shona Cole's book, The Artistic Mother, suggests that this could also work well with a babysitter list. Although I love the idea, I don't really use babysitters yet (lucky to have Grandma close!) so I choose to create two separate sheets for the same purpose. The intention of the Art Action Plans are to encourage ourselves to create something on a daily basis by defining and working though our goals. The finished sheets were scanned into the computer so that they can be printed out and used week after week....

The Action Plans above were created with handmade background papers, vintage collage elements including Mother Goose illustrations, scrapbook papers, alpha stickers (version 1) glitter, water-soluble oil pastels and, in version 2, a vintage poem. The poem reads:

In childhood days a heart is free, / Outweighs the fears of destiny. / When youth arrives, dreams still remain / To lace each day with love's rich grain; / But age is when the heart and mind / Must have the courage to act blind. -- Caroline S. Kotowicz

To learn more about The Artistic Mother's Group, please click on the badge to the right.

Kristin xo

13 comments:

Mandy said...

these are just adorable...xxx

Angelique said...

Great pages, definitely colorful and eye catching.

Angelique said...

By the way thanks for leaving comments on my blog.I know, I love the way Neruda writes, equally the book I have has the poems in spanish. For the first time in my life I love the way it sounds in spanish. I can read, write and speak spanish fluently so it was a plus to find this particular book. Equally Rainer Maria Rilke is phenomenal he is deep, but it's a depth I understand ;) Anyhoo, great sharing the journey with ya!!

Marissa said...

I love the yellow one with the illustrations! Thoroughly enjoying seeing your work and am wowed you are already on to Week #2!

Unknown said...

I love how they turned out! I just made my background pages tonight...I am looking forward to the next step.....

Sarah Lou said...

Oh they are darling! just perfect!

Trudy said...

I love your Action Plan sheets. They are amazing. If they were in the store, I would buy them. I bet you could sell these on Etsy. I hope you post these on the Flickr group if you haven't already since they are so good. I think these will be an inspiration to all who see them.

Lisa said...

Kristin - I LOVE these! What a beautiful use of a variety of colors & photos. I ventured over here from your comment on my blog (thank you!) and am so glad I did!!

I can't wait to see what comes next!

Rae said...

I am so loving your papers!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!
your pages are something. i really love your style. thanks for posting on my page & for having a talent to aspire to. i am glad we were able to finally connect on here....:)

Amy said...

these are so tender and sweet!!! You did very well..in fact they are a big WOW in cuteness!

Unknown said...

your backgrounds are so pretty! i have been inspired by looking at everyone's to make some more today :) glad to have connected with you also!!!

Lissy said...

These are fabulous pages :)