Monday, May 23, 2011

Two Weeks to Go . . .


Trippy Paint-Spill Painting - Artist Holton Rower

As our countdown to The Summer of Color continues, I wanted to share with you one of the coolest videos featuring a group of artists working with color that I've ever seen . . .

I had the seed of an idea for a Summertime color event when I came across Sharmon Davidson's fabulous blog, True Adventures of an Art Addict a couple of months ago. She'd written the most beautiful post about the symbolism of color and included this video of artist Holton Rower along with it.

As soon as the seed grew into an actual event, I asked and was kindly granted permission to post the video again for you here.  I hope you'll find it as inspiring as we did.

Check back next week - our last before the event begins - for a bit of trivia based upon what our favorite colors say about us . . .

Kristin xo

5 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

Looking forward to this, Kristin. Thank you!!!

Patti Edmon Artist said...

Amazing video - what a collaboration, and I love the idea of a Summer of Color! Thanks for sharing your energy. (Sharmon is a long-time blog pal - she is amazing:)
take care,
patti

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

What a great video. Thank you for sharing! It is amazing how pretty wet paint can be. :)

I hate to cook! said...

that is beyond cool...thanks so much for sharing...love it :)

Jo Murray said...

This is awesome!!!!! What a great concept.