"The Dreamers of Dreams"
Original 8 x 10 on watercolor paper
Cool, Funny, Generous, Uber-Talented & Pretty, Pretty Amy is hosting the best-est ever Brag Party / Blog Hop this weekend, All Together Now. The crux of the event? Each participant is to offer a little giveaway and do a little bragging . . . .
Um, K, so the whole bragging thing doesn't come naturally to me - I'm nervous just thinking about it - but I agree that it's important to celebrate ourselves once in a while, and Amy's soirée is a brilliant way to learn more about each other in the process.
So, ready or not, (deep breath Kristin) here I go. Bragging:
* I am intensely loyal and generous. I'm the good kind of friend to have as I will always have your back, be your loudest cheerleader and never forget to tell you that I love you.
* I'm a great Wife and Mom and much more traditional than I ever expected to be. It's important to me to be there for Dave and Kendra and I know how lucky I am to be able to do so. I volunteer in the kid's class once a week and am at every school function helping out where I can. (Except for being the Otter Pop lady, a position I've successfully avoided for the last year). I also try to be the best wife to my (usually ;) sweet and incredibly handsome husband, whom I will be married to 10 years this November.
* I'm pretty stylish. I try to keep up with the latest fashion trends, eat well so I can fit into them (lotsa spinach around here), and when I leave the house, I'm always made up & put together. (Not the same story when I stay in, but since we're supposed to brag, I'll leave the description of PJ pants and old T-shirts out at this time).
* I have some decorating chops. My Mom is an interior designer / furniture restorer and as a result, I grew up with my room (and our home) being changed and "improved" every few months. Remember puffy fabric-framed mirrors? Yeah. I even had one of those at one point. As an adult, I've followed in those footsteps. I'm the girl you go to if you need any decorating advice, and I am also the one you ask to help decorate your nursery or kid's room. I've done over 13 rooms for my friends and their kids (see point one) in the last ten years.
* I know my way around some makeup. Before Mommyhood, my career was as a Beauty Director and Makeup Artist. I used to travel a lot, putting on fashion shows and speaking engagements for retail cosmetics. I would give Beauty tips and seasonal trends to audiences of hundreds of women and behind-the-counter beauty advisors. I've done makeup for the cover of an industry magazine and have even worked a couple of celebrity weddings.
* I'm lucky to get to do what I love art wise, and am pretty proud of the way I've gotten myself "out there" in the last couple of years. I am the happy host of The Summer of Color, a Blog Hop / Giveaway event that is going on it's second year this June.
From The Summer of Color, 2011
Featuring vintage nursery-rhyme imagery, vintage text, and a lotta shimmer and shine,
including a smattering of Swarovski crystals.
(Original post can be found here)
Speaking of which, we are meant to give something away here! I was racking my brain trying to figure out what I could offer, and thought of this original 8 x 10 on watercolor paper that I particularly love. I think it's appropriate for this event (and a group of arty souls) as it features this quote:
"We are the music-maters, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams; World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams; Yet we are the movers and shakers, Of the world forever, it seems." -- Arthur William O'Shaughnessy.
To win this original collage, all you need to do is (1) be a participant in All Together Now and (2) leave a comment saying so in this post. That's it. I'll pick a winner via the random number thingy and announce it here next Wednesday, May 23rd.
Why don't you join us? After all, every girl needs a chance to brag (and win stuff!) now and then . . . .
May 18 - 20