Sunday, September 28, 2014

Somerset Life Cover & Life Book Winner!


"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
                  

I've always loved this quote. As a matter of fact, in my former life as a cosmetics instructor, I used to plaster all the educational materials I created with it. There it was - on the top of every page I handed out - my tiny sermon on the power of possibility. Truth be told, I don't know why it struck me so, but it's been my "go to" pep talk - if even to myself - ever since. 

So it seems fitting that on this day of exciting dreams come true, that I share my favorite quote with you. (And um, that I share what's so exciting). You see, in addition to being able to giveaway a FREE SPOT on Life Book 2015 today, I also get to express my oh-my-heavens-please-don't-let-me-pee-my-pants-in-public excitement as I just received the newest addition of Somerset Life and uh, I made the cover! Seriously, a cover girl?! Yes, Kristin, dreams really do come true. Thank you Mrs. Roosevelt, you were right all along. . . .


Now, on to more excitement! Who in the world won that FREE SPOT for Life Book 2015 that the lovely Tam from Willowing Arts allowed me to giveaway? Well, the random number generator did it's magic and - after removing all duplicate comments - the winner is (can you hear the drum roll?). . . .


Congratulations Gemma! Please send your email address to Kdvanvalkenburgh@msn.com and I'll get it right off to Tam & Gracie. 


Now, for those who have yet to win a space on next year's Life Book, please keep in mind that there are still chances to win by following the the blog hop. For more on that, just check out my post below

Of course, you can always join the old fashioned way by signing up when registration opens on October 6th. Should you decided to do so, I'd be ever so grateful if you'd consider signing up through me. As a Life Book instructor I receive credit when you join under me, which can be done by clicking on the Life Book link on my sidebar. Either way, it's gonna be a fun ride & I look froward to seeing you there!

To love, Art & Dreams Come True, 
Kristin xo

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, congrats! On to the next success! Hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

congrats to Gemma, and a huge congrats to you Kristin!!! I just saw your article "With One Palette" in the newest Somerset Studio along with your gorgeous art and couldn't wait to congratulate you-and now a cover girl too-way to go girl!! XO

Christine said...

congrats to Gemma and for making the cover!

Craftychris said...

Congratulations to Gemma and congratulations to you being on the cover, how cool is that! xxx

K J D said...

Congratulations to Gemma and to you too. What a beautiful cover it is too :) Karen x

Joanna said...

Many congratulations to Gemma (enjoy!) and many congratulations to you Kristin - how amazing to have your artwork displayed on such a wonderful publication!

xxx

Mary Ann Potter said...

Wow --- the cover!!! Congratulations, Kristin!!!

Eleanor Roosevelt was one of my mom's heroes --- love the quote you included today.

Carmen said...

Huge congratulations Kristin, your work looks fabulous on that cover. :D

scrapwordsmom said...

So happy for you Kristin on your COVER and your Life Book!!! WOW!! Not surprised in the least...your are awesome and oh so talented:)
Hugs!!

xoxo

Leslie

Unknown said...

How exciting!! Congrats to you!! Thats so amazing Kristin!!

Terri Corona said...

Oh my gosh, congrats on the cover - that is so exciting and well-earned!

artfullycarin@gmail.com said...

Wow, well done hun! Congratulations on making the cover! Dreams do come true! xoxo