Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Artistic Exploration . . .


"An artist is an explorer. He should begin by seeking himself, seeing himself act. Then, not restraining itself. And above all, not being easily satisfied." 
-- Henri Matisse


Helloooooo! I have a few new Art Journaling pages to share and an update on what I'm calling the world's largest palette cleaner - a huge-to-me 30 x 40 canvas - that has been sitting on my studio floor awaiting extra inspiration or, which is really the case, awaiting any left over paint, bits and/or bobs from my journaling adventure. But I digress. Wanna see my latest explorations? Yay! Here we go:

Days 17 - 18: Inspired by my fav colors and a black-and-white illustration of an octopus

Days 19 - 20: Inspired by the documentary, "Exiled by Choice."

Days 21-22: Inspired by vintage illustrations, ledgers and children's "Word Mastery" lists.

Playing catch up with days 13-14: Inspired by Dina Wakely's new book, Art Journal Courage.


As far as that way-very-big "palette cleaner" I was referring to earlier, here are a few detail / WIP shots of what's currently going on there:




And here she is as a whole:


Thanks for taking a peek!

To love, art and artistic exploration,
Kristin xo

19 comments:

TwinkleToes2day said...

Wonderful! Completely wonderful! :D

Mary Ann Potter said...

I absolutely love your journal pages; it looks like you might be gearing up for the next Summer of Color!

That big canvas will be wonderful. Anxious to see more.

Sending blessings from here on the farm where it's a cold night, perfect for quiet reading and a little more art.

Denise Price said...

Wow, you are on a roll! The bubblegum octopus page is my favorite so far; it just makes me happy. :)

massofhair said...

Fantastic share Kristin some amazing colours on your pages, love how you get some amazing colours and shapes going on and your huge canvas will be amazing when you are done :-) xxx

Sarah (wonderstrumpet) said...

Oh man... that is a HUGE canvas! Go you on tackling that monster! I love where it is going so far. The colors are amazing.

I read your previous post about being behind and give you a firm "no such thing" from my hypocrite self, as I'm currently beating myself up over the same thing but WHATEVER. Be nice to you <3

Your journal pages are adorable!

Christine said...

lovely textured pages!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of wonderful colours, textures and happiness in your paintings! Hugs, Valerie

Carmen said...

I do believe I just let out an "oooooooh!" at that last picture. CANNOT wait to see where that is going!

Love all the journal pages especially the frightful one - made me chuckle.

Thank you so much for your lovely visit. Yes - scary, exciting times ahead!

Linda Kunsman said...

Loving all the color and imagery of your journal pages, and that canvas-wow- that size is oh so scary to me but I just know you are going to have one fine masterpiece when you complete it!

K J D said...

Thanks for letting us take a peek!

Love it all...... such gorgeous colours and interesting bits and bobs!

Love how you do it :)

Karen x

Diane said...

I absolutely love your journal pages and fun colors.

Hugs Diane

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW! That canvas is definitely BIG!!! I absolutely LOVE what you are doing with it. It looks amazing! And each and every one of your art journal pages are simply fabulous, Kristin! You and always an inspiration for us all! Thanks for sharing your talents with us!! HUGS!

froebelsternchen said...

GORGEOUS pages !

Dreaming of Vintage said...

I love this Kristin! So beautiful and colorful!

melanie said...

Your pages are great!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love these!!! You are amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!

Catharina Engberg said...

Fun to see your stuff as a change from the ordinary paintings. You must have alot of imagination!

Unknown said...

Very nice pages!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I love your work!