Sunday, April 3, 2011

Baby Audrey

"Baby Audrey"
6 x 6 gallery-wrapped canvas
Front facing
Detail of crystal letters

My childhood friend is having a little girl. She and baby-to-be were given a beautiful shower yesterday and I wanted to share with you this petit canvas that I made for the occasion. I heard from her sister that the nursery is decorated in "pistachio and sea shell pink" (and I thought I was the only one who spoke in paint chips ;) and it's safe to assume that Baby Audrey's eyes will be the color of the rest of their family, a beautiful amber. With that in mind, I created this 6 x 6 piece that I hope she and baby will love.  

The tiny face was made using pencil, acrylic, water-soluble crayons, ink and Stickles glitter (on the whites of the eye) and the sides were painted in the colors of the room (the green looks more pistachio in person, I promise). Finally, I added her name on the right side of the canvas with whimsical iron-on crystal letters.

Fingers crossed that she does end up looking like the canvas - or else I'll be doing another version once the little bundle is home . . .

Kristin xo

11 comments:

sweet southern inspiration said...

So cute! I think I saw a picture of you on facebook from the shower. You and Allison's cheer coach were both there so I had 2 friends tagged in the album. Small world! xoxo oh btw if you haven't read it on facebook yet, I have a new blog. Laughter at the end of the Tunnel

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Gosh, that is so cute! What a thoughtful gift :)

Diane said...

Oh my Goodness!!!--LOVE!!

Jenny said...

So so sweet Kristin... what a gorgeous gift... I love that her name is on the side of the canvas too... beautiful...

Hugs
Jenny x

Jingle said...

This piece makes me so amazingly happy! I can't even tell you! I so love it!!! SO SO SO love it!

scrapwordsmom said...

This is so original!! And those colors...my best friend's little girl is Audrey. Love that name!

JessiVille said...

Very sweet and beautiful - I love her! And you added your trademark crytals. What a lovely heartfelt gift! (I speak paint chip too)

pinkglitterfae said...

oh my, she is so cute! I think your sis will be delighted!

Lori Heald said...

Wonderful, wonderful honey. Always and forever thoughtful. xoxo 'ole mom'

E Makes Art said...

So cute!! Love that green! And love the cool rusty thing you have it propped up on!

xo

K J D said...

Delightful!!!! Sure to be treasured forever :)

Karenx