Sunday, April 10, 2011

SPA: Dance

"Dancing Feet"
6 x 4 Postcard

I had a lot of fun with this week's prompt, Dance at Sunday Postcard Art . . . I started with the cutest image of dancing children from The Graphics Fairy which I enhanced with colored pencils, pen and Stickles glitter. I then placed them on a background of blue and white acrylic with painted drapes (to represent a stage), some charcoal for a bit of distressing and an image of a chandelier. Final touches included outlining the dancers in black ink and the addition of more glitter on their shoes to underline the sentiment, "Dancing Feet." 

Thanks for looking! I look forward to seeing all your beautiful Dance pieces this week . . . 

Kristin xo

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! Wonderful postcard

Amy said...

very cheerful piece..adore it Kristin

Dawn said...

I
Love
This!!!!!
I have dancing feet:) Woohoo:))

Victoria said...

This piece makes my heart happy! I just love little dancing feet!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Adorable and great colors!

Deann said...

What a lively colorful and beautiful postcasrd Kristin...darling!!!

K J D said...

Hi Kristin

This is wonderful.... such a happy postcard :)

Karenx

Emily C. said...

This is amazing! :)

Femmy said...

beautiful!!!

Jenny said...

Just gorgeous Kristin... what a fun piece... love the stage background and the altered dancers... beautiful work...

Have a happy week...
Hugs
Jenny x

Hella said...

Lovely and happy card. Great and original idea!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful, that reminds me on my childhood.

Diane said...

LOVE the images you used!

Victoria said...

Love these little dancing feet!

Judy said...

Very colourful, Kristin, wonderful image!

Mandy said...

this is gorgeous....
just love how you put things together...this image is so cute too...may have to check out that site!!!hugs...xxx

Karen Owen said...

This is just charming, and your coloring is beautiful!

Willy de Bruijne said...

How nice and cute!! Good idea for working out this weeks theme.

Julia Christie said...

Hello Kristin ~ I love the image you used here and I am such a lover of dance, to watch and to dance around the house, so I just love this piece!

So fun to see what you create!

How is little Kendra?
Hoping you are both doing wonderfully well!

Smiles and hugs
xo

Andria said...

This is a beautiful postcard. Thanks for the link to the graphics site; I had never seen it before and it seems like a great resource!

postcard printing said...

I like your theme of making dancing feet on the postcard.The girls you make in your postcards are very cute and there way of dancing is very sweet thanks for uploading your wonderful work.