Thursday, April 28, 2011

Baby Face

"Baby Face"
6 x 6 Chunky Cavas

I know. I know. Looks familiar, right? Actually, it's the third in what has become a series for me. Okay, so if you don't recall, I started with this piece in response to a prompt from Sunday Postcard Art. That turned in to this which I made as a gift for my childhood friend's baby shower. Now, for the shower piece, I used colors that were specific to that family's needs (their eye color surrounded by the colors found in the baby-to-be's nursery) and included her name in crystals on the side of the canvas.

Well, as art would have it, those pieces inspired this - a  6 x 6 chunky canvas version of the same in which I was able to use all of my favorite colors. I found myself using bolder strokes and brighter hues this time - and fussing less with the subtleties. This one is "rougher" and more whimsical and truth be told, I think I like it the best so far . . . Now . . . I think I need a green-eyed version . . . Oh! How about lavender eyes . . . or . . .

This one's for you Leslie - good luck with your event for Lizzy. I know that it will be a tremendous success.

Kristin xo

17 comments:

Heather said...

LOVe this face, and the colors!! xo

Jingle said...

I absolutely LOVE it!!!! Perfect!

em.me.ma said...

that is so beautiful!!! great job!

Diane said...

These are so fun and so unique!

JessiVille said...

Kristin, Love her - so cute! I like this one's technique a little more too. It has more texture and seems more free. Yes, make more and see what developes! Jessi xox

Samantha said...

Oh this is too cute! love the bright colours!

K J D said...

I revisited the past ones and declare I love them all!!! I do especially love the freckles in the first Postcard piece..... so sweet :)

Have a great weekend

Karen

JessiVille said...

O.K. Kristin, This is the second day I've been singing "Baby Face" to my cat, lol! xox

Amy said...

such adorable eye's!!! Love your baby pieces..you rock with design girl!!!

Unknown said...

Oh what a cool painting Kristin!!!! I love this!!! wonderful colours too!!!

Jenny said...

So gorgeous Kristin... loving your baby face series... so very sweet...

Hugs
Jenny x

Mandy said...

Adorable...I am living your baby series a lot...and yes...the colours are my fav too..so cute...pinch pinch to those little cheeks...lol....xxx

scrapwordsmom said...

She just came in the mail today!!!!!!!!!! Love her and your sweet surprise. You are soooo dear and sweet!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E Makes Art said...

I love it!! These colors are fantastic, and i like that it's a bit looser (not to be confused with loser, Lol!!) I think you should do more... they are soo sweet, and lavender eyes....oooooh!!

xoE

JessiVille said...

Oh Kristin, Thanks for the blog luv from you and your hubby! A new girlie will be up shortly. Jessi xox

Daniele Valois said...

I love these soooo much. I think you have something here. And I think you should get them out into the world!

Carin said...

Gorgeous Kristin! I see why you can't stop making her. She's so cute.

And love the new picture of Kendra in the sidebar- made me giggle!