Vintage Book of Sheet Music, circa 1919
So I've started a new project. I think. You see, if you're anything like me, you're somewhat of a hoarder. Old pictures, vintage books, wallpaper, ledger pages, love notes, random broken pieces of well, anything that may be paramount to the success of some future art project . . . sound familiar? Well, if you're like me, then you also don't get around to actually using most of it. Fears of "ruining" something special often stops me from ever picking it up again once it makes it through the front door. . .
Well, no longer. I. am. determined. to breathe new life into some of these things I have lying around and give them the attention they deserve. With that in mind, I've started altering a book of vintage sheet music just to see what happens. No preconceived notions, no calculated plan of completion, just fun. A place to go when I have nothing up my sleeves, but I wanna art. This is what I've done so far:
I separated the book into 10 sections. Yes, with staples (gasp!)
But in my defense, at least I'm getting somewhere fast. . .
And this is where I left it. The beginnings of something. What, I'm not quite sure.
But the first layer is down, ready and waiting for our next play date.
(Rocking Horse image from The Graphics Fairy)
Wish me luck. Fingers crossed, I will actually come back to it soon. I'll let you know what happens when I do . . .