Monday, February 11, 2013

29 Faces (Still At It) . . .

29 Faces: Day 4

I've been good (so far ;) and have kept up with my daily sketching for 29 Faces. It's been quite a challenge - some nights easier (and much longer) than others - but in the spirit of growth, I put on my big girl panties and did it anyway. . . .

My goal is to really stretch myself, to try new things, explore new angles and learn new techniques. I've dug out my old art books (you know, the kind weigh more than a newborn) and have been studying some of the masters. On nights when I feel really brave, I've tried to copy their portraits and emulate their style. On nights when I feel like playing more, I've gone in my own direction. But each time, I try to do something that I haven't done before. 

Here's what I've come up with so far:

Day 5
Inspired by "Head of a Woman" (Portrait of Genevieve) by Pablo Picasso, 1903

Day 6
Trying angular shapes here, and going for the high ponytail. 

Day 7
Going for a loose strokes and a vintage feel

Day 8
Trying to be looser yet. Really wanting to be more spontaneous

Day 9
Inspired by Michelangelo's "The Delphic Sibyl" from the Sistine Chapel

Day 10
Last night's efforts. Trying out short hair

Whew. Only 19 left to go . . . .



I guess I better get on it, 
Kristin xo

22 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

Your scroll of faces are really good. I love the first and fifth ones the most. Your talent makes me smile every time. :)

Michellem said...

My word!! These ladies are gorgeous - my favorite is Day 8 but only because I am in total awe of her hair! LOVE your Sistine Chapel girl and Day 10 is a favorite also - Actually, in all reality, they are all favorites!!

Kyra Wilson said...

Day 8 is my absolute favorite!

Heather Henry said...

Loving all of your faces. What an awesome project. I seriously need to join these things and be inspired. Going back through your posts was fun. You have so many gorgeous creations. Love...big hugs to you!

Cameron said...

You are really wearing them panties, Girl! Your faces are awesome....really taking the opportunity to push your boundaries :)

Day 8 captivated me, too, I must say...her expression and gorgeous hair!

Terri Corona said...

WHAT a treat, getting to look through all those at one time! I'm almost on sensory overload - every one of them is wonderful Even taking on Michelangelo - you go girl! And like some others, REALLY love #8 as well. You are definitely making the most of this challenge.

Erika said...

Good morning, dear Kristin,
your newest face is just so beautiful like the others. I love also your Picasso inspired face. It´s looking so very special.
Sending hugs and greetings
Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely faces - well done! Hugs, Valerie

Carin said...

I love following along on IG, but it's so much fun seeing them all together here too. Again, you rock this challenge!

GlorV1 said...

Great faces. Love your Picasso inspired face too. I enjoyed scrolling. Thanks.

Ileana said...

So beautiful and original and I like your plan to go with the flow. You do so well when you do the Master's works in your own style and then when you're looser it works also! You have a very good eye for portraits.

Janet said...

These are all great! I really like #8 and #10. Love them!!

Netty said...

Loving your copying of the old masters, plus the others of course. Good to hear you are having so much fun, x

WrightStuff said...

Aw they are all lovely :)

Well done you on keeping it up!

Tori B. said...

I'm loving your faces, especially 7 (she's so cute with the little curl in the middle of her forehead)and 9.

Jenny said...

Your faces are stunning Kristin... I love each and every one... and love that you are stretching yourself and trying new things... inspirational...

Jenny ♥

Unknown said...

All your girls look so great. I love the fact that you do so many different styles so well. Good job keeping up. It is a bit of a challenge especially some busy days.

Tammie Lee said...

each one of these is a joy to see!

Christine said...

great work Kristin, I do see a difference.

Danni said...

These are all looking so good! I love the hair on Day 8's face, the flow is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

REALLY like the high pony tail!

Giggles said...

Love the rich hair, and eyes on these ladies!! Very cool!!

Hugs Giggles