Sunday, February 7, 2010

MMM: Romance

"Mon Amour"
11 x 16 Canvas
Fabric Poodles
Side Detail

Just in time for Valentine's, this week Mixed Media Monday has prompted us to conjure up a little Romance . . .

I was intrigued with the awning and scallop shapes that I played with for last week's challenge, and wanted to explore them a little further this time around. You would never know that this started out as another painted canvas - that I actually painted it more than 3 times and "perfected" the awning with acrylic, charcoal and ink - before I covered it all up again with fabric! But, alas, that is what I felt it needed to be complete. I guess the fabric poodles really set the stage for what was to be a piece created almost entirely of fabric and acrylic. Other details include a distressed background of paint and black glitter (I like how it adds an asphalt feel), fabric trim to complete the bottom and sides, a feather and of course, Swarovski crystals. The vintage text in the heart reads, "Whisper to me, 'My Darling'."
To see more pieces on Romance, please check out all the talent on http://www.mixedmediamonday.wordpress.com/.
I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's with your loved ones and that you receive all that your heart's desire . . .
Kristin xo

21 comments:

Diane said...

Kristen, how absolutely cool this is!!

Diane said...

Awww...puppy love! This is absolutely gorgeous, Kristin! Diane (MMM)

Lori Saul said...

Lovely fabric collage- has a 'French' feel with the pink and black!

Sherry Goodloe said...

Can someone say ooohh la la? *smiles*

Michelle said...

This is very cute! My Mother-in-law has miniture poodles and would just love this.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, how adorable--and I LOVE the pink and black!!!!! Precious!

Yvonne said...

So romantic, Kirstin!

Unknown said...

ok you are just amazing!!! you always create something totally cool and different and I love that!!! wonderful work as always Kristin!!!

Sandy said...

OMG this is just amazing.
Really darling and romantic.

joanna said...

Ok you know I love this!! Daisy is a poodle.
Kristin you amaze me every week with your art!
xox

My Creative House said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Creative House said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Creative House said...

Kristin what a sweet and romantic pice.

Anneke said...

beautiful and so romantic

Hermine said...

Very cute

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Wonderful and lovely fabric collage.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful and cute! I love the color combination that you used.

Ozstuff said...

Exquisite! I love your most beautiful fabric collage. Perfection.

Unknown said...

This is fantastic and soooo sweet!! A real great piece, I love it!!

Janny said...

I love it;o)

Tony Stark said...

I really like the way you write the post and help us with the information. Thank you for sharing this post. Please read my blogs too.
aviano copper protector review
creaclip review
peeps by carbon klean review
photostick reviews
tiki tunes review