Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lately . . .


"I've been doing a lot of abstract painting lately, extremely abstract. 
No brush, no paint, no canvas. I just think about it."
-- Stephen Wright


It's perfect right?! And exactly how I've been feeling lately. Life's been especially busy but still, I haven't even walked in the studio in weeks. . . . So today, I'm gonna do something about that. Even if I just slap a coat of paint on something, I'm gonna make a mark . . . .

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to this Friday's Charity Auction benefiting The Sandy Hook Elementary School. The blog hop will take place Friday, the 15th and can be accessed through the Paint Party Friday webpage. 

(My auction item sneak peek)

I will be auctioning off a hand-painted decorative somethin'-somethin' and can't wait to see what the other participants have up for grabs. Details for my auction can be found here on Friday and event details can be found below:


All proceeds will go directly to a Newtown, CT charity.

So, wish me luck in getting paint under my fingernails today & I'll see you Friday . . . .

Kristin xo

16 comments:

Netty said...

wishing you well at the auction Kristin.
Loving the icecream palette and look forward to seeing the results. Hugs Annette x

Kyra Wilson said...

I have those busy, off-studio weeks too! :) Good luck with the auction!

Carin said...

Everyone seems to be busy, busy, busy right now. Myself included. I think I know what you're auctioning (and if I'm right...wow! That'll be one lucky winner!). xoxox

Valerie-Jael said...

Good luck with the auction! Hugs, Valerie

Jenny said...

Love the sneak peek Kristin... the colors are divine... and yes... have fun... play... and can't wait to see the results...

Jenny ♥

Terri Corona said...

You tease! Can't wait to see it..

K J D said...

Love love love the colours.... what a great sneaky peak!

Karen x

Christine said...

See you at the auction!

Erika said...

Good luck and a very fine and creative time.
Sending hugs
Erika

denthe said...

omg I LOVE that quote! Hope your auction goes really well!

Mary Ann Potter said...

Loved what I saw on the sneak peek! I know you'll do well...

Cameron said...

....and get a bit in your hair, too! I love it when I find random splatters on me....haha!

Best wishes on the auction!

Kristin said...

Thank you for your visit Mary Ann Potter! I couldn't directly link to you to thank you in person, but I do so appreciate your kind words! xo

Maria Medeiros said...

Kristin lovely work! I wish you the very best in the Auction Blog Hop! How wonderful! :D Thank you for your visit and I'll be doing more features especially for my followers and for those who leave kind and caring comments on my blog! :D I will let you know when your feature is up. :D Hugs!!! Wishing you all the best and thank you again!

Gloria j Zucaro said...

Hi Kristin, I am hoping you got my emails about your winning bid on my painting. I leave town for 17 days early Thursday morning, so Please send your address ASAP! Thanks, Gloria

Unknown said...

I love that quote.