Saturday, March 11, 2017

"Whimsical" Sunday Postcard Art


"I like that 'once upon a time' quality, where the telling of a tale has an elevated sense of story. 
There's a whimsical quality to it. Sometimes in fairy tales more things seem possible, 
even though often they're real world based."
- Erin Morgenstern


Helllloooo & Happy Sunday Postcard Art!

I'm tickled to host this week, and have chosen the theme of "Whimsical." 

I recently found an old medicine bag in my stash of emphermia, and couldn't wait to play with it. It serves as the base for this little girl - half sketch and half B&W photocopy - as she trips along the the word Tranquilizer, made prettier with the addition of some neon pink. . .

To see the whole thing come together, check out the process video on my YouTube channel:


Wanna join us? Please do so! Create anything at all, just as long it's the size of a postcard and follows this week's theme. You can link your "Whimisical" postcards through the end of the week at Sunday Postcard Art. 

I can't wait to see what you do!

With Love,
Kristin xo

11 comments:

Lori Saul said...

A most beautiful card Kirsten , indeed full of whimsy and character. A fun and inspirational challenge!

Christine said...

Lovely whimsical piece, and fun too!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely, fun piece. Hugs, Valerie

Deann said...

So fun I enjoyed your video too and the challenge was great... thanks.

peggy gatto said...

Total fun, lots of whimsy !

sirkkis said...

Adorabel and whimsical!
Thanks for the video and fine theme :)

Linda Kunsman said...

what a fun whimsical card Kristin!!

Terri Corona said...

Oh my god, I love that! Just that little bit of weirdness to it takes it over the edge to fabulous!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Kristin! It's been so long since I visiting your blog!!! WOW! I absolutely LOVE your whimsical card and the video, too. Thanks for sharing it with all of us! I hope all is well with you, my friend! HUGS!!!

K J D said...

Hi Kristin

Great project Kristin.... love those gold shoes and your signature sparkles:)

The music made me smile and the giggling at the end!

Karen x

Cindy McMath said...

Really love your use of colour!