Sunday, December 26, 2010

MMM: Tis The Season

"Santa's Pooped"
16 x 20 gallery-wrapped canvas

I know, I know: a Santa image the day after Christmas!? Only to show what I imagine to be his face after a whole season of merry making has come to an end. "Santa's Pooped" is my entry for this month's Mixed Media Monday prompt, Tis The Season, and my way of depicting what I imagine most of us feel like today . . . 

This piece was created on a 16 x 20 gallery-wrapped canvas using pencil, acrylic paints and water-soluble wax pastels. I added two types of Golden products for depth, including Texture Paste for the beard and Crackle Paste for the trim on his hat. The image was extended to the sides of the canvas and charcoal was added to the surface for interest. Final touches included extra color under his eyes to represent fatigue and silver glass glitter for the pom-pom trim. 

I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and wish you the happiest of new years . . . now, go get some rest . . .

Kristin xo

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh he is fabulous! I adore his face! And the glitter!!

Carin said...

This is fantastic! And such a fun sentiment! I think we're all feeling a bit pooped at the mo... xo

brandi said...

~kristin...you captured santa's exhaustion perfectly sweet in this here painting!!! i hope your holiday was filled with only love and happiness floating about...much l♥ve light and blessings be with you and yours always~

Unknown said...

oh wow Kristin!!! this is fantastic!!!! I love it!!! what a great holiday Piece....your work always makes me happy!!!!

Hugs
Diana

Gillian .... said...

Love your "Santa Pooped" piece, the title made me chuckle, the texture to this piece is fab x

Amy said...

he's really wonderful Kristin..LOVE IT to pieces...especially his rosey cheeks

pinkglitterfae said...

absolutely adorable painting! but you may have captured more than Santa's face, a lot of us seem to feel like that right now, lol!

Nicola said...

Awww he is gorgeous! I love it!!! And how amazing that you are able to produce such a fantastic piece at this crazy time of year! HOpe you had a very wonderful Christmas and I wish you a Happy New Year, I look forward to seeing more of your work in the New Year!! xoxox

martha brown said...

Kristin! This is wonderful! I think that you should make me one! (Really -- if you were going to make one and sell it, how much would it be? That size or smaller......)

E Makes Art said...

Hee hee! He's so cute!! Poor tired (yet happy) Santa!! Love all the details, of course! Hope you had a wonderful holiday and I want to wish you the best in the new year!! It'll be fun to see how much more our art and blogs grow over this next year!

xoEsther

E Makes Art said...

Oh...and I love the new background on your blog!!! How fun and cheerful!!!

xoE

Mandy said...

very very cute....you still have time to art it???!!!amazing!!!take care and have a great new year...xxx

JessiVille said...

Hi Kristin, I Love your new fantasy blog background. Your Santa is fab too! I really like the way you wrapped his hat around the edge of the canvas. Happy New year Girlie!

Anonymous said...

Ah, beautiful, Kristin. I just I looked that good the day after Christmas, LOL. Love your painting. Happy new year!