Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The House of Art

Gesso Relief on Journal Pages
March Video on the above technique is up at The House

March content is up at The House of Art! I'm honored to be included among the amazing group of artists featured this month as we explore the use of Texture in our Mixed Media work. Just pop over to see educational videos from LK LudwigSusan TuttleJournalartista, The House's creator Emme and Me as we explore various ways to create depth and interest to our projects. You'll also be able to read several artist's takes on the subject of "Allowing yourself permission to be a Student" throughout the month.

So, what is The House of Art? It's a new Mixed Media online community in which articles, videos and forums are posted on a monthly basis. And the best part? It's totally and completely free. That's right, all you have to do is sign up to become a member and gain access to all the education and discussions: you can post your work, meet other artists and find a friendly place to hang your hat . . . Oh! And there's also an amazing giveaway this month (I don't know how Emme does it): sign up to win a Graphics Tablet from Monoprice! How cool is that?! You have until the end of March to try your luck . . .

So check out the videos - mine is on creating Texture with Gesso Relief - and have fun! And if you do watch mine, make sure not to miss the final few seconds. . . just sayin'. . .

Kristin xo

5 comments:

JessiVille said...

Hi Kristin, Those journal pages are delicious! I've gone to the House of Art site, entered the giveaway and put the new button on my blog. It still has some bugs I guess 'cuz I wasn't able to find your video and some of the catagories weren't loading. Can you help me find it?

scrapwordsmom said...

Oh I am off to join up!! This sounds awesome...of course I know it will be...you are a part of it:)

Elle said...

Thank you for the info! Off to check it now! :)

Amy said...

great new place for me to visit..love your video's ..hope you make more. I love your creative style..so I'd love to see some more of your secrets.
I made some ATC's using this technique..so check out my blog for them.
xoxo amy

E Makes Art said...

Thank you for letting me know this month is all about textures...right up my alley!! Yay! I will check it out later! Can't wait to see your video!

And yes we do need to make our plans. Of course we will got to Zinnia, I love it there and yes they have classes there all the time (although I've yet to take any)

xoE