Thursday, November 8, 2012

Paint Party Friday: Santa Style

"Santa's Pooped"
12 x 12 Canvas Pillow with Swarovski Crystals

Happy PPF!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . . at least in the studio anyway . . . .

You may recall a Santa painting I did a while ago with the same look and title: it was made on December 26th, the day I assume Santa (along with most of us ;) was plain 'ole tuckered out. This year, I decided to recreate him on a 12 x 12 canvas pillow, something that I hope will bring joy (and a little humor) to those who get to sit and visit with him . . . .

I don't actually have the pillow form for him yet, but you can still see what he's lookin' like:


The canvas pillowcase was first primed with Gesso before being drawn with pencil and painted with a variety of acrylic paints, charcoal and glitter pens (he's real sparkly in person). He's gotta lot of sallowness around his eyes to indicate a lack of sleep and a tremendous amount of twinkle in his pom pom stemming from over 50 clear Swarovski crystals.


Now, if I can only get over the fact that Christmas is really around the corner, maybe some more Santas will come out to play . . . .

Thank you for taking the time to look and as always, thank you to Kristin and Eva for being the fabulous hostesses that they are.

Kristin xo

P.S. I want to apologize to anyone whom I may have missed the last time I came to the Party. Google was being fickle and did not let me respond as I normally would. We have finally worked out our differences but again, I 'm so sorry if I missed you in the process. 

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful Santa, I would imagine he is pretty pooped out by the 26th!

Unknown said...

Really wonderful Santa. He does look a little pooped too. I love his little pink cheeks. Happy early PPF!

Janet said...

What a great idea! I like your Santa pillow...and no wonder he's pooped after all those toy deliveries.

Jenny said...

Love your gorgeous Santa pillow Kristin... his face is so sweet... gentle eyes... love the sparkle in his pom pom too... and yes... hard to believe that another Christmas is almost upon us... lots of festive fun ahead...

Jenny ♥

Unknown said...

Love your Santa, he's such a happy chappy. Christmas always comes round so quickly...seems to get faster every year...odd. :)

Tracey FK said...

that santa is very cute... and totally perfect for the season... I can't wait to see what else you come up with... will there be a Mrs Santa coming soon????

sharon said...

A real cute santa, love his red cheeks.

Nicola said...

Hi Kristin!

What a cutie, I love your Santa and I love how you have managed to give him real sparkle so cute! And yes I think i'm in denial about just how close Christmas really is! heheheh

Carin said...

Love your Santa Kristin, and that you have given him a bit of bling (it wouldn't be a Twinkle Twinkle santa without it, right?). Jenny is right, he has really gentle eyes.

Anonymous said...

oh my word - this is fabulous!! I love the pillow case idea and Santa really does look weary from all his global travellings in one night!!

Carolyn Dube said...

Fabulous! Love his bling! That was some serious patience to get all those placed on there so perfectly! Happy PPF!

denthe said...

Great idea! Canvas-pillowcase .... never heard of it. Love his pom pom.

Anne Manda said...

What a fun and cute idea! Love the coloring of your pretty Santa and the crystal pm pom is awesome!

GlorV1 said...

Love your Santa Claus canvas pillowcase. Very nice work and it is getting closer. Time does just fly by. Thanks and Happy PPF!

Mandel said...

Amazing santa cushion :) I love the idea of creating indivudual home decoration for the christmas time (and the time before of course) :) Somehow it is amazing how fast time passes by and christmas is sooo close already...

<3 Mandel

Faye said...

Kristin, this is absolutely adorable. What a wonderful pillow that will be.

Ayala Art said...

Ay Ay Ay ... I don't think I'm ready for Santa Claus just yet hehehe But your pillow is wonderful and extra fancy with the crystals!

Christine said...

What a sweet Santa, although I'm not quite ready for Christmas yet!

Linda Kunsman said...

what a gorgeous Santa-love the shading around his eyes!! Happy PPF!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Adorable Santa painting, Kristin!
I love it!!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Netty said...

Aaah Kristin your Santa painting is beautiful......wow thats a lot of crystals but the results are stunning. Happy PPF, Annette x

Marji said...

A Santa pillow - what fun! I can't wait to see the other Santas that come to play. Happy PPF

carlarey said...

This is so great. What a terrific decoration it's going to make.

Denise Mulligan said...

Such perfectly neat work, and cute to boot! I admire your Santa, he's practical (being a pillow and all) and has the dreamiest eyes.

peggy gatto said...

A beauty in simplicity, yet great impact!!!
Well done!

Alicia C said...

What a sweet Santa! Tired or not

Sinderella's Studio said...

absolutely PRICELESS!!!!
cheers, dana

K J D said...

Love your pooped Santa pillow.... it's so cute!

I can't believe Christmas is approaching so fast.... looking forward to it though :)

Karenx

bellefrogworks said...

Now that is an adorable pillow!!! Love the sallow area around the eyes and of course, the swarovski crystal pom pom! Happy PPF

Ritu Dua said...

Your santa is simply dashing!...love the shiny pom pom and the eyes are so expressive...with that twinkle twinkle :)

Joanna said...

Ho ho ho! He's gorgeous! Love those crystals and his little pink cheeks :)

x

Giggles said...

He is absolutely precious dear lady!! Very well done. I have done a lot of work on unbleached canvas to be sewn into pillows. It's so relaxing.. I love your style, Santa truly is a special seasonal piece!! Love it!!

Have a great week.

Viola said...

Oh I really like your santa claus! both this one and the one you made earlier! =)
It's fun to make x'mas cards, but howdo you manage to get the eyes that equally? My problem.. even I know they don't need absolutely to be equal, but it would have been fun to make it ONE time! :))

Kristin said...

Thank you Janet - I so appreciate your visit! xo

Gloria j Zucaro said...

I love his turquoise eyes! And all those crystals! I love bling!