Friday, January 21, 2011

A Little Nip & Tuck!



Isn't she pretty! I've been anticipating this day for a while now - the day I could reveal the new look and design of Twinkle, Twinkle. As you may have seen within the last month, I've been attempting to change things up a bit and make my blog more, well, "Me." And although I was heading somewhere, I had no idea how to get where I wanted to be from where I was . . . and then, my new hero arrived on the scene. My friend Emme from The House of Art kindly and generously offered to help me. Not only did she come up with the look and design for this background, but she also created my new header as well. I am so honored and grateful for her time and tremendous talent. My blog (and I) thank her from the bottom of our hearts . . . 

So what is The House of Art you ask? I'm happy to tell you. It is a new online community for Artists that will officially be launching at the end of this month. What till you see it! There will be monthly technique videos from Mixed Media Artists as well as written articles (where you get to read several takes on the same topic) submitted by Artists for Artists on a regular basis. So, how do I know all this? Because I am honored to announce that I will be a part of it! My first video will go up on the launch and my article has already been written. I highly encourage you to check it out. And the best part? It's all completely free. That's right, all you have to do is show up. . . 

In other blog news, guess who started one of her own? A lady I've been bragging about for a while now. She is a dimensional painter, designer and seamstress for the home. Oh, and Kendra's Grandma. That's right, my Mom now has a blog. Please check out Fleur De Lis when you can. You will recognize one little person there for sure.

To happy changes and a beautiful New Year of blogging, 
Kristin xo

13 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

have fun with this new meme or online community.

cheers.
love the cute doll.

Tahnya Marie said...

GORGEOUS! I LOVE this new design to your blog, well done. I bet you are so happy to have something that refelects you a little more. *hugs* Oh, and the new photo of Kendra on the side is just amazing, she is so beautiful with a good sense of humour it seems! I bet you're a great mum!

Mandy said...

hey there...yes...love your new look..it is very you!!!!wow...am looking forward to the new blog and how cool your mummy is getting into it too....wish my mummy could, but, a little age abd a lotta alzheimers.....oh well..but about to check out your mummas now...can you do a favour...when the new art blog opens can you do another post with a link...okies...have a great weekend...take care...hugs...xxx

Lori Heald said...

How how wonderful can a blog get! I am so proud of you. Thanks for putting in a good word for your 'ole' mom

scrapwordsmom said...

This new look is so YOU!!! Kristin, I LOVE it!!!! And the new on-line community. I am sooo excited to try it out!!!:)

Leslie

Jenny said...

LOVE the new look Kristin...and the ingredient list is just fabulous... The new online community sounds fab... off to check out your mum's new blog...

Jenny x

Unknown said...

oh la la !!! the new look here is wonderful Kristin!!! but everything you do is wonderful...I will have to check out that new community!!!

Joyce said...

Your blog looks fabulous! Looking forward to following your new adventures!

K J D said...

Hi Kristin

I love the look of your new blog! Glad to see the same sweet face in your header though.

Congrats in being involved in your new project... I'm looking forward to that already :)

Now I am going to say 'hi' to your mum....

Karenx

JessiVille said...

Kristin I LOVE your new blog design! I popped over to your Mother's blog and I'm following now. Very nice! I also signed up for the house of art but I haven't recieved the e-mail code to join yet. Hope I didn't do something wrong. Maybe I should have taken more time to look around. Anyway, it sounds exciting and I can't wait to see how that community grows and what you will be doing there.

Diane said...

I love your new look Kristen, and so excited for this new online art community--thanks for the link and I know you'll do well there. I'm off to check out your Mom's blog!

E Makes Art said...

Kristin!!! I love the new look of your blog! It's fantastic!! House of Art sounds amazing, can't wait to check it out along with your mom's blog! And thanks for the info!

xoE

Amy said...

wow..it's truelly stunning Kristin, I really LOVE your new background and it's totally YOU for sure. Wish I knew how to create my ver own.
I'm so glad I came by to see it!!!