Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pretty Little Pages

Detail of accessory cabinet in Studio

I've been playing around in the Studio lately. I'm trying to make it both functional and pretty, while at the same time putting my vintage finds (okay, obsessions) on display, instead of hiding them away, never to have their moment in the Sun. . . 

One of the ways I showcased some of these pretty little pages I've been collecting was to place some behind the glass fronts of an old (cheap-to-begin-with) accessory cabinet. Now, what once featured paint-laden hairdryers and (never-used) die cut machines, has been dressed up with vintage 1944 Golden Dictionary pages. 

Vintage is now new again. . .

Kristin xo

10 comments:

E Makes Art said...

Such a great idea to use the vintage pages behind the glass! I bet your studio will be gorgeous! Can't wait to see more photos of it (hint hint )

xoEsther

Unknown said...

oh man!!! you are amazing Kristin!!!! I love your creativity and neat way to use things to make something so extraordinary!!! you always blow me away!!!!

Have a wonderful week!!!

Amy said...

i love seeing your fav. vintage lovelies!!! Thanks for sharing your idea's to! HUGS

Crafty Mom said...

oh, oh, oh, I really want to see more of your new studio!!! :)

JessiVille said...

Kristin, I just LOVE your style! I really can't wait 'til you share some more of your pretties and studio. This is getting my decorating juices flowing. Thank you for sharing! Jessica <3 xox

scrapwordsmom said...

LOVE it!! I had that dictionary!! I think I still do somewhere. TOO FUN!!!:)

Jenny said...

Oh Kristin you are so clever and creative... what an awesome idea and how wonderful does it look :)))

Jenny x

joanna said...

You are amazing Kristin!! always coming up with such creative ideas! we want to see more pics of your studio :)

K J D said...

You are an inspiration Kristin!

I love love love what you have done here.

Karenx

ps thanks for sharing downloads :)

Mom said...

Thanks baby for all u have done!