Monday, May 7, 2012

I Scream, You Scream . . .



We all scream for Ice Cream . . . 

It's that time of year again! The highly anticipated (and ever so fun ;) blog hop is back: join us for The Summer of Color 2, a fabulous FREE event celebrating art in all of it's hues.

(web source)


Beginning Monday, June 4th, pop over here for six (6) weeks of creative prompts inspired by the colors and textures of our favorite ice cream flavors. All mediums are welcome - from inchies, to moo cards, to ATC's, postcards, jewelry, greeting cards, scrapbook layouts, canvas work, altered books, journal pages, assemblage art, digital art and even poetry and photography - as long as it features the "Flavor" of the week. It's all about color, connection and fun during the lazy days of Summer.

As with last year, there will be weekly color prompts, weekly linking opportunities and weekly giveaways open to all who take the plunge . . . 

Hungry for more? Read all the details here, check out the (over 400!) pictures from last year's event here and get started on the conversation by joining The Summer of Color Facebook group here.

It's gonna be a Summer full of bold colors, beautiful textures and sticky fingers. After all, what could be better than art & ice cream . . .

See you soon,
Kristin xo

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh, looking forward to this!

Becky Dunham said...

I can't wait to get started! I better get my craft room under control!

Joanna said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I REALLY enjoyed last year's event, and I'm so looking forward to this year's!

xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Looking forward to getting started; last year was really fun! Hugs, Valerie

Daniele Valois said...

Go YOU! I better start thinking yummy and fab!!!

Love the new linky too!

ice cream kissy poos!

Diane said...

Fun times again--summertime and summer of color!!

Pippa (pjbear) said...

Looking forward to this, was so much fun last year x

scrapwordsmom said...

I am soooo looking forward to this!!! Yippee!!!!

Daniele Valois said...

just fb'd it!!! Hope that gets you more players! :D

Donna said...

Yahoooo.... Looking forward to this, it was lots of fun last year!! You make it so enjoyable!

Mandy said...

Yeeeeehaaaaa....can't wait...xxx

Terri Corona said...

Sounds like fun!!

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I'm so excited to play again this year! And you are so right, summer, ice cream, art...it just get any better than this! Thank you, Kristin!

Carolyn Dube said...

It is going to be an amazing summer! Thanks for hosting this!

Jenny said...

Can't wait to play again Kristin... I just know it is going to be fabulous...

Hugs
Jenny x

Noemi said...

I am so looking forward!! See you around!

Netty said...

woo hoo Kristin am so looking forward to taking part again as had such a brilliant time last year. x

K J D said...

So exciting and no calories!

Can hardly wait.....

Karenx

helena said...

hurrah hurrah - this was my favourite project last year. Off to think about my approach for this year. many thanks for organising this wonderful creative festival

Anonymous said...

OMG - I can't believe it's here already!!! I've missed you all!!!

And - a special note to Kristin Van V - I thought of you today as I put my neocolors BACK together again - I just brought the whole box from home!!! You were so funny last year when I broke up the set - I wanted you to know they are all back together again.....Kristin J

Cameron said...

We'll be gone this Summer....I'm sorry to have to miss this, again :(

Liette alias Pixelle said...

Oh...Will probably have more Time this year, so happy...see you in june. XXX

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I'd love to participate and am so happy that I found out about this opportunity from your blog. It'll be really inspiring and motivating for me too. Thanks for hosting this.

Anonymous said...

P.S-Have joined the Facebook Page group to see how it all works.